Why You Need Professional Landscaping Services for Your Home or Business
Many home and business owners may believe that landscaping is purely for aesthetic appearances, but it goes far beyond looks. There are numerous benefits to landscaping, both residential and commercial. With professional landscaping services, home and business owners can achieve a great-looking, sustainable and functional landscape.
The first details many onlookers notice about a professionally designed and maintained landscape are the lushness of the grass, the lines of the pathways, the well-trimmed hedges and trees, the colorful flowerbeds and the water features of decorative accessories. Landscapes full of flowerbeds can create wonderful smells as well as stunning colors but the benefits of landscaping go far beyond what human senses perceive.
There are numerous environmental benefits to professionally designed and maintained residential and commercial landscaping. Landscaping services work with home and business owners to create a landscape that meets all of their needs while also benefiting the environment. Environmental benefits of landscaping include:
- Cleaner environment – Plants include grass, shrubs, flowers and trees help capture pollutants and dust. Grass and other plants produce oxygen, which all living things need to survive.
- Cleaner air – Along with producing oxygen, grasses and plants absorb carbon dioxide. They then transform it into oxygen and carbon, providing ample oxygen for the property owners.
- Cooling properties – Underfoot, grass is cooler than hard, non-porous surfaces such as cement and asphalt. Properties with grass lawns can experience a cooling effect that keeps the surface at least 20-30 degrees cooler than asphalt or bare soil. A property with trees that provide shade to the building structures may also experience a reduction in interior temperatures.
- Reduced noise – Hard surfaces such as pavement and concrete can increase noise levels, but properties with landscaped lawns, trees and other plants significantly decrease noise levels and pollution.
- Water filtration – Landscaping that contains grass, trees, plants absorb potentially harmful runoff, and helps filter it, keeping water supplies healthier.
During times of water restriction, maintaining a landscape with sustainable practices is vitally important. Residential landscaping services and commercial landscaping services ensure that a property retains its appearance and environmental benefits without straining the water supply.
Positive impact of urban landscaping
Urban areas can benefit greatly from landscaping services. Creating areas full of grass, plants and tree canopies helps prevent runoff erosion, provides shade to reduce surface temperatures and reduces noise pollution. Incorporating a lush landscaped area in a commercial area offers an oasis that benefits humans and the environment. Additional benefits of urban landscaping include:
- Tree-lined streets and homes with large yards can reduce crime rates, according to the U.S. Forest Service
- Viewing trees, plants and greenspaces can lower stress levels and reduce blood pressure.
- Strolling through landscapes, even small ones in a busy city, can improve attention span and memory retention.
- Creating green spaces in a community can reduce stress and have a positive impact on quality of life.
Commercial landscaping benefits Retaining Walls
Commercial landscaping can have several benefits for business owners. High-quality landscaping around a building can increase the number of businesses renting space within it. Tree canopies and lush landscaping can encourage shoppers to travel further, stay longer and spend more money at businesses. Employees who can view a well-maintained commercial landscape from their windows or enjoy it during breaks can experience greater job satisfaction, quality of life and improved health. People seeking an apartment are willing to pay more for a residence with quality landscaping and greater access to green space.
Common Residential Landscaping and Commercial Landscaping Services
A quality residential landscaping company provides a variety of services for their residential and commercial clients. These can include:
- Seasonal clean-up
- Tree trimming and/or removal
- Lawn edging
- Garden bed care and weeding
- Weekly mowing
- Sprinkler and irrigation installation and maintenance
Professional Landscaping Services
Professional landscaping services focus on creating lawns and greenspaces that meet the client’s needs as well as protect the environment. Quality landscaping focuses on:
- Creating green spaces that are sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Conserving water with proper site grading, soil type and drainage systems
- Preserving local ecology and reducing pests by using native plants
- Creating unique designs that combine elements such as flowerbeds, trees, ornamental plants, grass, lighting, stonework, water features and much more.